Since Emma was born, like in every family, we started to spend more time at home. We felt more and more the need of having a comfortable home that is inviting and make it an enjoyable and memorable place.
I thought of sharing with you today my 10 tips that made my house a comfortable home and made me enjoy it more!
First of all, we are clients of Essent, an energy supplier which helped us creating a warm and comfortable space. Our daily life improved a lot, because everything at home is properly arranged now.
Regardless of the season, every home can benefit from adding a little cozy comfort. Check out my 10 tips and tricks for making your home feel better:
- Inviting tones first! Don’t underestimate the inviting power of your favourite colours for a comfortable home feeling. Winter is a long season in The Netherlands, so light tones at home matter. The right colours are a quick trick for adding instant inviting vibes!
- Essent supplies excellent gadgets for our home. This helped us a lot was in the daily routine, such as regulating the heating in each different room, not having to remember to turn it down at night or when we leave the house because it’s already programmed. Moreover, Essent cares about saving energy and this way we help the environment and their website is full of tips where I found all the answers to my questions.
- Pay attention to details. I tried to consider a guest’s first view of my space and paid special attention to styling that point of view. This created that feeling that people want to stay a while and explore my space and we are having the same good feeling when spending time at home!
- For the parents, toys out of the way! Try to corral the toys out of the way and have a dedicated space to them. Since I’ve done this I don’t have that feeling of always having a mess in the house.
- Go overboard with leafy, green fluffy plants. Lots of plants just bring life into a space, and make it feel like the kind of welcoming and comfortable home you want to spend an afternoon drinking coffee and reading a magazine.
6. Layer rugs.
Add rugs and layer them is giving me a very comfortable home feeling. I piled them on top of each other for extra coziness and be comfortable also sitting on the floor.
7. Include a throw or some fuzz
. Accessories are a great way to adjust to seasonal design without fully committing. I love the idea of adding cozy cashmere blankets over my couch where we can snuggle with little Emma and take weekend naps together. Also, nothing says cozy quite like faux fur. The fuzzy material will make your home nice and toasty.
8. Designer furniture pieces.
This helps me keeping my place stylish and feels like the places I would normally like to hang out. They are timeless and above what is fashionable at the moment. One designer piece is enough, without breaking the bank, like my ghost chair by Kartell. Plus, adding a seat to your living room gives it a lounge-like appeal that will tempt you to curl up with a magazine.
9. Candles and string lights
. Grab some fragrant candles for some good scent floating in the air and string lights for a cozy lighting, different from the regular lamps. It doesn’t have to be Christmas to incorporate string lights into a space.
10. Try a dark piece of furniture.
Intensify the cozy factor by adding a dark piece of furniture, like we did with the dark grey couch, to make the space feel inviting. Just be sure to add pops of white to keep it from feeling too heavy.
Shoes: Acne Studios from Shopbop.
Gold pineapple, Cactus and scent diffuser from Modemusthaves.
Rugs and golden tray from H&M home.
Cashmere throw from Unmade.
Created in collaboration with Essent. Story, styling, photograpy and creative direction my own.